simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Scorpions Bite
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday 14 March 2007

Scorpions Bite


As I photographed the scorpion with my macro beaming inside the glass tank where the beast calls home, I wanted to get close, but then the thought of "What if this black blob with claws jumps up and gets me."

My camera suddenly drifted upward as the lens drew close.

It was dark in his abode. I tried flash, but I got a blast of white bouncing off the scorpion's handsome black outer shell.

Then I set the camera to 1000 ISO and drew the lens toward the wiggling wild thing.

Don't know if you know this, but I was shooting with a Sony point-and-shoot (7.2 mp and 12X optical), that, when there's little light, puts out a golden-red spotlight to help it focus on the object.

After the light went down the annoyed scorpion looked as if it could be in a Scorpions Gone Wild TV commercial.

Enough of this. Here's the beast of venom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL