simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Making a Painting from a Photograph in Photoshop
2 ... 2 ...

Friday 28 December 2007

Making a Painting from a Photograph in Photoshop


Hello from Paris--Day 3

Right near the Trocadero subway stop is a neighborhood full of Art Nouveau architecture (organic style popular in the late 1800s and early 1900s).

I felt artful when I got back to my hotel so I changed the photograph to a painting.

You'd think you'd have to run the image through just one Photoshop filter, but that's not the case as you'll see below--

First I applied Edit>Transform>Skew to realign the image so it stands up and down (the vertical lines in the image stand 90 degrees from the x axis) instead of at an angle, which is the way it was originally shot. Then I applied the ink outlines filter and watercolors filter.

The picture at that point was too dark so then I adjusted the Levels (Image>Adjustments>Levels) by moving the center and right slider inward.

Last, the image didn't look detailed enough so I applied the Smart Sharpen Filter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL