simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: More About Self-Portraits
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday 8 December 2007

More About Self-Portraits



A couple of posts ago, I wrote directions for taking a self-portrait.

I didn't include the most obvious way to take a self portrait and that is taking a picture of yourself standing in front of a mirror or in front of some sort of reflective glass.

I didn't post my own self-portrait, either, because I couldn't locate the one I wanted to post.

But, alas, I found it and it's posted above.

Speaking of self-portraits there are two photographers that come to mind: Cindy Sherman and Robert Mapplethorpe.

In the 1980s Sherman took pictures of herself in a variety of situations, sometimes acting out scenarios where she appears puzzled or bewildered.

Also in the 1980s Robert Maplethorpe took portraits of himself in a variety of roles, some of them sexual and controversial.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL