simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Subway Art Crime
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday 31 January 2008

Subway Art Crime



I love photography, graffiti (if it's artful) and trains so I bought a book about graffiti (see below) and it's great. There's lots of graffiti near train stations (see image above), adding to the train station lure. I wish I had the idea first to write this book.

The only graffiti artist with whom I'm familiar is Keith Herring. The book Graffiti World introduces readers to many of the greats of art crime.

Here's a Publisher's Weekly quote about the book: "The work is beautifully photographed throughout; multiple pieces by each artist are laid out appealingly over verso-recto spreads, along with a paragraph by Granz detailing the artist's origins and the main thrust of the work (and occasionally a photo of the artist him or herself)."

By the way, I took the photograph above in a Rome train station.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL