simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Shooting for Color
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday 20 September 2007

Shooting for Color



Geeze, take a look at that color. Here's how I got those vivid robin's egg blue.

1. When I was in Antigua, Guatemala, I looked for buildings that were painted bright colors, that were in direct sunlight and that had some patina (aging marks).
2. I set my camera to Av mode (the mode where I determine the aperture and the camera determines the shutter speed). I set the aperture to f/8 (my camera reads 8 for that setting).
3. I set my exposure compensation (see your camera's manual to find yours) to -1 EV to deepen the colors (underexposing your shot in bright sunlight will deepen color.
4. I shoot : )
5. I download my shot to my computer.
6. I tweak the levels slider (Image>Adjustments>Levels) to lighten photo up a bit (slide right slider inward).

Viola, that's it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL