simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Crazy for Stilts
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday 9 October 2007

Crazy for Stilts


Photograph of man on stilts from my family's old photograph collection.

How often do you think of stilts? I don't much, but when I see them I smile. The last set of stilts I saw was at the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal.

Now, it wasn't until I started writing about this post that I've thought about just how high stilts can be. I was researching the beasts and found this.

Evidently throughout history people have walked long distances on stilts as this man had.

I think I've tried to walk on stilts a couple of times, but couldn't get up on the things.

The size of people when they're walking in stilts can be up to 20 or more feet tall. The guy in this photo stands 11 1/2 feet from the bottom of the stilts to the top of his hat.

Still, though, today, I'm crazy for stilts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL