simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Serendipity
2 ... 2 ...

Friday 9 February 2007

Serendipity


As a writer and photographer, I'm always trying ways to use both platforms to tell a story. Today the serendipidous happened--the two melded together like butter melts on toast.

I received a press release about John Richy, a writer who has been around for quite awhile.

While researching, I came across the text of the beginning of his book, "City of Night" while reading the blog "Grumpy Old Bookman".

I have to post this text as it's classic--

Later I would think of America as one vast City of Night stretching gaudily from Times Square to Hollywood Boulevard – jukebox-winking, rock-n-roll moaning: America at night fusing its darkcities into the unmistakable shape of loneliness.

Remember Pershing Square and the apathetic palmtrees. Central Park and the frantic shadows. Movie theatres in the angry morning-hours. And wounded Chicago streets…

Just after reading the blog, I was searching for a picture to put on this blog. And, to my surprise, I found really cool text relating to night. That's what you see at the top here. True serendipity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL