simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Al Gore's New Commercial
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday 10 October 2006

Al Gore's New Commercial



Today I was in sort of an environmentally aware mood.

I saw Al Gore on TV and he was coming out in favor of California's Prop 87. Didn't know how I was going to vote on that one, but I'm with Gore if it has to do with the environment.

And, coincidently enough, as I researched the matter, I find that Al Gore is in Palm Springs at this very minute (cause he unveiled the commercial at a hotel here). Just outside this great town (a democratic bastion surrounded by Republican golfers).

This photo is for Al Gore.

It's the wind farms just outside Palm Springs (west of here on the way to LA); a pollutionless way to get energy.

My only quip, though, with the wind farms is, as more and more of them go up (some entering the city limits), I feel if I was a bird or something, I might get chewed up in one of the windmills.

Image Manipulation play: I played with this on in the Image>Adjustments>Photo Filter setting. While Photoshop's photo filters don't work as good as the real thing attached to your camera, you still can get a kind of interesting effect. And there are so many options to play with, with this seemingly simple command--color pickers for which you can click on the color graphic to watch your picture use hundreds of color filter effects. I picked a shade of lavender for this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL