simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Cruise Travel--Crusin' the High Seas Day-by-Day
2 ... 2 ...

Monday 30 October 2006

Cruise Travel--Crusin' the High Seas Day-by-Day






Cooking Light Meets the Red Hats

Here I am on my way to Acapulco the first day of an 8 days cruise. From a piece of the LA shoreline (at San Pedro, the port city) to text-on-the-deck of Slippery when Wet, there are all kinds of images and text elements that one can catch on a cruise with a little imagination stirred by the Pacific Ocean breeze.

On board are two obvious groups, people who are part of a Cooking Light magazine's cruise special and the riotous roars of the over-50-set-and-proud-of-it.

On this boat is food served freestyle, that is there are no set times one has to eat as food is served all the time at one onboard restaurant or another.

Since I'm a fitness buff, I'm excited about the fully-equipped gym, especially to work my core after eating like there’s no tomorrow. My plan for not gaining a lot of weight is to eat small amounts six times a day and...when I take an extra cookie, I'll eat only half.

People on this boat are all ages from 20s to 90s, all races, and all genders including a couple of transgender people here and there. I introduced myself to one vary large 'woman' and shook her hand, biting my lips at the grip 'she' took. It was like a Sumo wrestler's.

And…of course…I'm always on the lookout for those who have an interest in photography, sparking up conversations that end up in my giving a card with the URL of this blog listed, uttering the ho-hum, "I wrote this book."

To be continued, at a slightly different URL (dependent on the title of the entry); different time (when I feel like or get time to write/upload); and from a different place (Hey! This ship moves at 20 knots).

Now, for audience participation--Guess what boat I'm on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL