simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Unautumn Photography Poem
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday 5 October 2006

Unautumn Photography Poem




Everybody's takin' about autumn. My AOL buddy, Betty, is out photographing it. I'm jealous as I look at her pic from New Hampshire and mine from the Southern California desert.

I leave you with this...a man with an absent fall.


Takin' the fall
Is what I've done
Fallin out of Autumn
An autumn photographer
...Drop out

No golden leaves
Nor maple ooz
Neither cool nor warm
Not hot or cold

Stiff breeze
Not
Still, so very still
Desert Autumn
Mountains status quo

Neither flowers
Nor leaves
Red and orange
And yellow

No fall, no pay
for a short day
Still, there's no way
To say autumn
In the desert

But only if you stay.

Question: Would you trade an unautumn followed a pleasent winter of warm days and cool nights for a spectacular autumn and cold, snowy winter? Write your thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL