simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: As My Stomach Churns: Moroccan Food Harvest
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday 27 December 2006

As My Stomach Churns: Moroccan Food Harvest




Exotic spices of red and yellow and the best desserts of the East, Marrakech food, while interesting, is missing something. Oh, not the deserts, nor the spices. I just think the chickens might be too skinny as there's hardly any meat on them.

Probably the second thing you'll think about after planning a trip to Merrakech would be: How do I keep from getting sick?

That's a very tough to think about as a I sit here gagging with pain from fever and stomach cramps.

Merrakech is a tricky place to not get food-borne illness. In the Medina (old city), the only food you can get is from food stands, and as good as it looks inside the cute ramshakle space, it's filled with germs that make my body keel over from pain.

The only acommodations in the Medina are charming little Riads (a building surrounded with an open door patio). While they are not five star hotels, they are comfortable and all the latest rage. I liked it, but the wifts of sewage coming down the pipes was a bit more than I wanted to handle.

I think I'll stay in the new town next time.

Of course, I ate everything and anything and have the stools to show it, but am I worse for the wear? Perhaps not. I'm down five pounds now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL