simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Morocco to Paris
2 ... 2 ...

Monday 25 December 2006

Morocco to Paris

Morocco's a tough place after awhile and I'm glad to be out of the alleys of the Medina. There are some parts of the culture I'll miss--the small shops, the veiled women, the comraderie of the men, the sandstone architecture, and the calls to prayer.

I found the food to be only so-so, as when you pay big bucks for a Moroccan dinner in the states, it's usually scrumptious. But in Morocco the veggies are a bit over-cooked generally and the pastilla (the meat pies) aren't as puffy as I thought, and most of the time their made with pigeon. Just couldn't get myself to eat that bird.

Oh...yeah...Merry Christmas. Didn't get much of that this year as Islamic countries don't do that holiday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL