simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: Photographing Pairs
2 ... 2 ...

Monday 4 December 2006

Photographing Pairs


Always look for things to photograph in pairs, threes, fours...a dozen.

Newspaper pitch rant--I think if you read my blog occasionally you might know what a pitch is. A pitch is when you "throw" an idea to a newspaper or magazine. When you throw an idea for a book, it will not be considered, cause publishers usually want a full proposal (nonfiction) or the entire manuscript (fiction). I "threw" a pitch to the LA Times (the Ventura edition) for a book signing I'm having in Simi Valley.

I didn't even get past the name of my book (which is rather long) before the "city desk" editor cut me off saying "no, I don't think so."

Guess that's just the case in LA with all those movie stars even speaking one word (or wearing only one piece of clothing) to get the press' attention.

To the LA Times I say, okay, "whatever."

...and what goes around comes around. Cheers to all you bloggers, who, along with me, soon will make the newspapers change so they publish stories about regular people doing good things.

At any rate, I hope it's not se la vi a book signing with only me at at 7 pm Thursday, Dec 7 at the Borders in Simi Valley.

About the pic: The blazing color makes me smile: )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL