simple is beautiful
Digital Traveler: I Signed Books with Kaye Ballard
2 ... 2 ...

Monday 11 December 2006

I Signed Books with Kaye Ballard

And she liked me, she really did.

Last Sat. I was at the Borders in Rancho Mirage hustling my Dummies book.

My best response was that from a young woman who was buying one for her boyfriend and who really wanted the signage art I had with me as sample photography. I gave her a large print, and made her day.

The worst response I had was when I went up to a middle-aged woman on her way to the Seattle's Best coffee inside the store. I told her about my book and she broke out into a cackle, a sound the likes which I'd never heard.

Brisk sales I had indeed, that is, until Kaye Ballard came along hustling her book. She was in the Mothers-in-Law from 1967-69.

Of course, I gave her a copy of my book, and she gave me a copy of hers.

I was a boy when I watched her show and I remember it well. I think I watched more television than anyone does today back then. That was one of my favorite programs and I tell no lies. It was not only Ballard who was hilarious, but it was also her chemistry with Eve Arden (Rydel High's principal) that captured me.

I gotta question for those over 30...What movie was Eve Arden a principal in?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL